- You will receive your admissions decision based on your unofficial transcript that you can upload through your application portal; you can upload an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s). You will receive your admissions decision based on your unofficial transcript(s); however, you will still need to send in your official college transcript(s) in order to receive formal credit evaluation and other advising related services.
- If you have completed 12 or more college credits at another institution at the time of your application, you are considered a transfer student.
- Most programs require a minimum 2.0 GPA for admission. However, a 2.0 GPA does not guarantee admission due to competition for available openings.
- Transfer applicants who last attended college more than five years ago are evaluated according to motivation, life experiences, career advancement, and college transcripts.
- If you are seeking a second bachelor's degree, you are considered a transfer student (unless the original degree is from Rowan). Rowan graduates seeking a second degree should follow the re-enrollment process.
Transfer of Credits
Rowan University accepts the transfer of credits earned at other higher education institutions on the basis of course equivalency. We determine that a course taken at another institution is comparable to a course offered here in terms of objectives, learning outcomes and educational level.
Transfer Equivalency Self-Service
Transfer Equivalency Self-Service (TREQ) allows you to enter your coursework and AP test scores from other institutions to see how they articulate to Rowan coursework and how they fulfill our degree requirements. Simply enter your transfer courses to see your progress toward an undergrad degree from Rowan University.
The Registrar and the academic department for your intended academic program will complete a credit evaluation for you on an individualized, case-by-case basis if and when you have been offered admission and submitted all official transcripts.
About eight weeks after acceptance, and receipt of your official transcripts, your completed credit evaluation will be available online via your student Banner account. Credit evaluations are completed in two stages. General education equivalencies are determined by the Registrar's Office, Division of Credential Evaluations. Major coursework equivalencies are determined by your academic department.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about specific course or advisement issues. To view your transfer credit evaluation, login to Self Service Banner and navigate to Student -> Student Records -> Transfer Credit Report.
For a deeper understanding of transfer of credit policies, course equivalencies and NJ statewide transfer agreements, visit the Office of the Registrar or NJ Transfer.
If, after reviewing your transfer credit evaluation with your advisor, you disagree with a transfer equivalency at Rowan, please complete the Transfer Credit Appeal Process.