WHY SEMESTER AT ROWAN?
Rowan University offers wonderful opportunities for students who want to participate in a short-term study in the United States. Semester at Rowan is a flexible and cost-effective opportunity for students seeking to experience American education and culture.
- One of the best national public research universities in the USA. (US News and World Report) with hundreds of courses to choose from
- Special scholarship for all Semester-at-Rowan students
- 20 minutes from Philadelphia and two hours from New York and Washington, D.C.
- Safe campus & affordable cost of living
How To Apply:
- Submit the free online application
- Submit your current transcript
- Submit standardized language test score - a TOEFL minimum score of 70, IELTS minimum score of 6.0, Pearson Test of English (PTE) minimum scire of 50 or Duolingo test minimum score of 95 for traditional admissions. International students must submited standardized test score unless they are exempt (View Language Policy)
- You can upload the required documents to your application portal once you submit your application. Your application portal will always have the most up-to-date status of your application. To check the status of your application, log in to your portal.
Students can study one or two semesters at Rowan University, take academic courses and enjoy the campus activities and benefit from all student services offered to Rowan students. Students can choose from the following majors in our Program Finder.
Length of Study: One or two semesters.
Courses & Credits: Up to five courses (max. 15 credits) for undergraduate students. 9 credits for graduate studies, and 18 hours for English Language Program each semester.
Transcript: At the end of your study at Rowan, you will receive an official Rowan University transcript, which shows the courses you have taken and the grades you have earned for each course.
Visa: Rowan University will send you the necessary immigration documents that will allow you to apply for a student visa at a U.S. Consulate in your country.
Orientation Program: Before your courses start, you will attend the International Student Orientation Program. You will learn about immigration rules, campus resources, social activities, etc.
Health Insurance: All students must have international student insurance for their entire stay at Rowan University. Estimated cost of the student insurance is around $50 per month.
Housing: Students have three options to choose from: (1) On-campus University Housing ($1100/month. Meals not included) (2) Family-Stay Option ($1100/month. Most meals included) (3) Off-Campus Private Apartments ($650/month. Meals not included). If Off-Campus housing is selected, it is student's responsibility to find accommodation off-campus.